Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND)
Support at OHA
At Ormiston Horizon Academy (OHA) we have a dedicated Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) department which is called the Success Centre. The department is located in the yellow wing of the academy, with a team of experienced, well qualified, supportive and caring Success Centre staff, led by Mrs Julie Marsh, the SENCO/Assistant Principal for Inclusion.
The SENCo is supported by a strong SEND management team, comprising of:
- Miss Julie Adams – Success Centre Manager/Deputy Safeguarding Officer;
- Mrs Lisa Ackley – Assistant SENCo; Lead Forest School practitioner;
- Mrs Kate Douglas – Director of Primary Transition and Nurture practitioner.
Learning Support Practionioners (LSPs)
The Success Centre team will
- offer support to students who may need additional help with their learning
- ensure all teachers and staff working with students with SEND are kept up to date with relevant information and effective strategies to support students
- communicate regularly with parents/carers
- assess and review students’ individualised needs, responding where required
- encourage all students with SEND to participate in wider academy life, including extracurricular, school trips and leadership opportunities
Contact details for the Success Centre are:
Below are links to documents that outline in greater detail the support that we offer here at Ormiston Horizon Academy: